Create a Better Tomorrow “Brick by Brick” Competition is a brick building competition suitable for all Primary School in Hong Kong. Students will be introduced to a series of topics to better understand the world around them. Learning building techniques to create the way they see and feel about the world. Competition will involve a surprise topic that will be announced on the day. Students will work as a team to create a brick creation, presentation poster and a presentation to the judging team.
Create a Better Tomorrow “Brick by Brick” Competition 2013
Venue: Hong Kong Science Park (Innocarnival 2013)
Date: 9 Nov 2013
Time: 10:00 – 17:00
Eligibility and Special Qualification
All Primary schools in Hong Kong are eligible to participate in this competition. Each team consists of 4 students and one coach.
“Brick by Brick” Competition is a team-based challenge. To participate in each category of competition, students must work in teams. A team must consist of one coach and four team members.
Coaches may offer students advice and guidance prior to the competition, however during the actual competition, the student members of the team must perform all the work and preparation themselves.
- LEGO Bricks and Parts are required to participate in this competition
The Competition consist of the following process:
- The topic will be announced on the day of the event
- All teams will go through a sample workshop to understand the topic and basic knowledge of LEGO System Starter Set
- Teams will start the preparation after the announcement (Model Building, preparation of posters and presentation)
- Demonstration and presentation to the judges
- Scores will be based on team work and creativity
1) Primary School
- Model must be build using LEGO System Starter Set
- Model must contain at least one moving part and at least one LEGO sensor in their design
- Model can be attached to a computer using LEGO Education We-do software
This is a teacher-training workshop on How to use LEGO Education Set in Classroom. These workshops are open for all Primary School Teacher and participating schoolteacher will have first priority. Each school is allowed to send up to two (2) teachers to join in a LEGO Education Training course.
LEGO® Education Teacher Workshop
LEGO® Education Teacher Schedule
|Workshop 1||29 Oct 2013||09:00-12:00||LEGO® Education Center Hong Kong|
|Workshop 2||30 Oct 2013||12:30-15:30
||LEGO® Education Center Hong Kong|
|Workshop 3||31 Oct 2013||10:00-13:00||LEGO® Education Center Hong Kong|
|Workshop 4||31 Oct 2013||14:30 - 17:30||LEGO® Education Center Hong Kong|
Location: Unit 2503, 25/F, Universal Trade Centre, 3 Arbuthnot Road, Central Fee: Free
Enrollment for Brick by Brick Competition will accept online registration only. Please stay tune for the release of the event website. REGISTER NOW